The economic downturn in Calgary means many organizations’ learning budgets have gone missing in action. And just when leaders need more, not less, support and learning. We recently took part in the making of a video about how productivity is impacted by the uncertainty and distraction of a downturn in the economy. As experts in building neuroscience based leadership development curriculum that drives up engagement and leader impact, key insights we shared include:
- Productivity plummets in the workplace because our social brain no longer feels safe
- Threat of job loss and trauma from seeing colleagues laid off takes our brain’s Executive Centre offline
- Innovation goes out the door – as distracted leaders become reactive, no longer able to be reflective
- L&D is one of the top 3 issues in the latest Deloitte Human Capital Trends report.
- The opportunity for organizations to thrive during change, is completely missed.
It doesn’t have to be that way! Our Change Resilient Leader series qualifies leaders to receive 2/3 of training program costs reimbursed through the Canada-Alberta Job Grant, up to a maximum of $10,000 per employee. Most of our clients didn’t know that this financial support was available. Contact us for more information about our programs, the Grant available to you, and how to apply.